Give the Gift of Hope: For the Present and for the Future
Because of the generous support of people like you, since 1988 the National Lymphedema Network has been able to provide referrals, guidance, access to information and education to millions of health care professionals, patients, family members and members of the general public across the country.
Together, we are changing the face of American medicine in the United States.
Your donations support not only expanded outreach, awareness campaigns and education, but most importantly, keep us moving steadily towards our ultimate goals, to:
- Educate the American medical community so all physicians and health care providers know about lymphedema, including signs, symptoms, causes, risk reduction and appropriate treatment.
- Educate health insurance providers so that all patients are covered for lymphedema treatment, adequately and on an ongoing basis.
- Educate the Medical Directors of American medical schools and change standard curriculums to include extensive study of the lymphatic system (lymphology) and associated disorders.
- Make lymphedema a household word in the United States.
You can help! Here's how:
If You Are a Federal Employee:
- Each year, from September 1 through December 1, if you are a Federal employee, you can make a donation to the NLN through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). What is the CFC? The Combined Federal Campaign is the annual fund-raising drive conducted by Federal employees in their workplace each fall.
- Federal employees and military personnel raise millions of dollars annually through the CFC that benefit thousands of non-profit charities across the nation - and now you can choose the NLN as your charity of choice.
- The CFC donation period begins September 1 and ends December 15, so be sure to make your tax-deductible donation before December 15. As we all struggle through difficult financial times, every penny helps keep the NLN on track, reaching our goals one step at a time, with your help. We are proud to be a part of this national campaign through the Health & Medical Research Charities of America. To make your CFC donation, see your local CFC program administrator or visit www.cfctoday.org to locate the Combined Federal Campaign in your region.
Donations Made At No Extra Cost To You:
Shop Online at Maatiam: Maatiam is a social venture with the vision to empower the nonprofit sector through technology. Maatiam enables you to shop online from prominent retailers, to pay the normal prices, and to have a percentage of your purchases donated to the NLN at no cost. Maatiam is paid a commission and they give 100% of the listed donations back to the nonprofit organizations. Maatiam works with over 160 popular retailers such as Amazon.com, Target, Avon, Old Navy and many more. Please visit lymphnet.maatiam.com and designate the NLN as your charity of choice! Maatiam aims to become the go-to-leader for socially minded consumerism.
- Shop Online at iGive: Contribute to the NLN by purchasing everyday items from your favorite stores at great prices, online at iGive.com. Be sure to designate the National Lymphedema Network (NLN) as your charity recipient, and a percentage of every purchase will support lymphedema education, advocacy and outreach.
- Donate Your Vehicle: Do you have a vehicle you no longer want or use but you don't want to go through the trouble of selling it? Automobile donations are an incredibly fast and easy way to help. Your car donations help support our vital work and are an easy way for you to get rid of an unwanted vehicle. When you donate your car to the National Lymphedema Network, the car is picked up for free and there is no paperwork hassle to deal with. Make a car donation.
The NLN welcomes donations of all kinds, including gifts-in-kind. We also invite you to join the NLN team of volunteers who help in the NLN office with mailings, answering phones, fundraising, special projects, data entry and more, and at local community events across the country!
There are many ways to support the work of the NLN and we value your skills, time and energy. We're here for you because of the care and generosity of people like you ~ we couldn't do it without you. On behalf of the hundreds of thousands of women, men and children we assist every year, thank you for your interest and support.
To make your secure tax-deductible donation online today, click here.
For more information about volunteering or making a tax-deductible donation, please call the NLN office at: (415) 908-3681 M-F 9:30 - 5:00 PM, Pacific.