The NLN Volunteer Program
The National Lymphedema Network (NLN) offers rewarding volunteer opportunities on weekdays and for special events.
As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to:
- develop and enhance interpersonal, communication and computer skills
- outreach to and interact with patients and health care professionals from around the world
- receive experience and education in a unique and fascinating medical field, in a non-profit setting
During your volunteer time with us, you will play a major part in the development and support of lymphedema awareness around the world.
We are always looking for dedicated volunteers to help out in our San Francisco office (near the Montgomery BART station) for a few hours each week. Volunteer duties may include assisting in data entry, responding to phone calls from patients and healt care professionals to provide referrals, compiling information packets, and filling orders for educational materials.
If you are sensitive to the needs of lymphedema patients, interested in learning, and want to make a difference in the standard of care and lymphedema awareness nationwide, you will find the volunteer opportunities at the NLN fulfilling and exciting!
Project Development Volunteers & Interns
We also are seeking dedicated individuals who enjoy a little more responsibility and regular, ongoing volunteer hours (once or twice a week is fine). These volunteers work closely with staff, assisting with important projects such as:
- organization and development of our onsite resource library
- researching grants and other funding opportunities
- and many more...
Special Event Volunteers
If you do not live locally, but would like to volunteer at an NLN special event, there are openings for regional volunteers to:
- help staff the NLN exhibit booth at various conferences around the country
- help staff the NLN exhibit booth at special events
To volunteer for Special Events, please fill in the form. In the "comments" section, simply indicate 1) what interests you, 2) where you are available (what city/cities and state) and 3) when. We will email or call you to follow up and find the right volunteer position to fit you.