The Mission of the NLN is to create awareness of lymphedema through education and to promote and support the availability of quality medical treatment for all individuals at risk for or affected by lymphedema.
Additionally, the NLN is dedicated to:
- Promoting Lymphology as a medical specialty;
- Adopting standards acceptable to the United States medical profession, for the training and certification of Lymphedema Therapists;
- Securing adequate insurance coverage of medically necessary, safe and effective treatment;
- Expanding the number and geographical distribution of lymphedema treatment facilities and Certified Lymphedema Therapists; and
- Promoting research in the causes, risk reduction and treatment of lymphedema.